Thank you to each and every parent who has kept their child / children home from dance when illness strikes. It is studio policy to keep children home until AT LEAST 24 hours (preferably longer) fever-free and free of systematic body functions (you know the ones ..). Simply stated: sick children need to rest to recover and we need to be proactive in not sharing their illnesses with other students.
But the fact is that we are seeing Round 2 of the flu, more strep throat, pink eye and, while fevers may break for several days, they are creeping back in. Suffice it to say that this season has been a bad one .. Covid-19 or not.
I am not considering closing the studio at this time. We have been
1. Wiping down barres in before and in between classes. Clorox wipes are on hand in the studio.
2. Wiping down door handles
3. Wiping down cubbies
4. Wiping down bathroom fixtures.
5. Discussions with each class about refraining from touching faces (eyes, noses, mouths).
6. Coughing and sneezing into our elbows not our hands. When you blow your nose, you follow up by washing hands.
7. Discussions with each class about keeping hands to self.
8. Discussions with each class about washing hands with hand soap. We currently have hand soap available as well as hand sanitizer.
I have no plans to close at this time. Should the situation arise that closing should become necessary, I am on the lookout for an online platform so we maintain our classes as best we can. I am looking at other studios and their plans and will act accordingly.
Please know that I am gathering my information from the CDC only. That will remain my first choice for updates and recommendations.
Here is the link I am following:
Keep doing what you are doing by keeping children at home when they are ill. If I suspect a student is not well (because we all know how the flu or other viral illnesses can just hit all of a sudden), I will message, call or text you to come and pick them up. All students need to be reminded that they are to be comfortable with reporting to their teacher immediately when they don't feel right.
I hope this doesn't come our way but if it does, I will do what is necessary.
Stay diligent and stay healthy ..